Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tuesday, 2/21

 My life is weird.

First of all, "hey".  Hope you had a good extended weekend, if you had an extended weekend.  Or hope that if you had the traditional two-day weekend that you weren't resentful of anyone who had a three day weekend.

Basically, hope you had a great weekend...no matter how long it was.

Mine was more productive than anything.  I was able to get a lot done on "The Greasier the Spoon", and while I didn't work my full-time job yesterday I DID do work my two part-time TV jobs, and it's on one of them that I found out my life is weird.

Or, perhaps more to the point, it was re-affirmed that my life is weird.

As you may recall, we've finished shooting "High School Bowl" for the season, leaving just the "Year in Review" show to stick together.  I was working on getting stuff together for that when, for a reason that now escapes me, I had to search for something on the Interweb.  And it was while doing that search that I discovered something I had never known; in fact, something I had never even thought to consider--

That the little show I've hosted for eight years has its own Wikipedia page.

Literally, I had no idea the page existed.  I have no idea who started it or who updates it.  But there, staring me in the face, was a page about a little local TV show in which I get mentioned several times, including in the information box on the right hand side of the page that's the most important piece of real estate on Wikipedia.

Have I mentioned my life is weird?

I'll have to check, but I'm guessing it's someone at NMU involved with the show who's been maintaining the page.  After all, it has a complete list of winners and runners-up over the first 43 years of the show, as well as information that only a person who's been behind the scenes might know.  Or...maybe there's just some kind of super-fan out there doing all this.  If there's one thing I've discovered since 2014 it's that there are people out there who really, really like "High School Bowl".

So, perhaps, one of them initiated the whole Wikipedia thing.

All I know is this--over the past couple of years--maybe the past decade or so--there are times when it seems like my life has taken a life of its own, and I'm just along for the ride.

And most definitely, seeing the Wikipedia page for "High School Bowl" is one of those times.

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment