Thursday, February 23, 2023

Thursday, 2/23

No zombie apocalypse yet. As for the snow...well, that's still up for debate.

When we last spoke, I was ruminating over the fact that just a few days after cancelling a major winter event up here because of a lack of snow that we could now get up to two feet of the white stuff (minus a zombie apocalypse) in a 24-hour period. How does it look so far?



Okay; that's of 9:50 this (Thursday) morning, taken on my walk to work. I have no idea how it's going to turn out. Yesterday one of our meteorologists said (and I'm not kidding on this range) that we could have anywhere from four to 16 inches of snow, and with a range like that coming from a professional I don't want to even venture a guess myself.

Let's just say there may be a lot of snow and leave it at that. Or there may not be and we may all end up disappointed. It's probably gonna be one or the other. After all, as I said yesterday, there's no in-between any more.

There's just weirder and weirder weather.

I'm not going to complain too much, though. I have a friend who had to fly downstate for business Monday. All of her meetings got cancelled, so she tried to fly back home Tuesday afternoon. However, all the flights were sold out and there were no available rental cars, so she's stuck in Lansing for however long this lasts, hunkered down in a hotel room.

That is a situation in which I would NOT want to be.

So we'll see how this all ends. Lots of snow? Not much snow? Zombie apocalypse to go along with it? I guess we'll know by some time tomorrow.

Wish us luck.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment