Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Wednesday, 10/6

 Yay, no one died. And that's always a good thing when you're doing a TV show.

8-)

The first half of the first episode of “High School Bowl” is now in the books. And if you don't believe me believe the slate on the studio monitor--




It actually went surprisingly well yesterday morning; everyone (including the dorky host) fell into the routine quickly, the new set worked amazingly well, and the audience (hi, mom & dad!!) were enthusiastic clappers. In fact, the only surprise, if you can even call it that, was that because I'm six feet away from everyone else I didn't have to wear a mask on camera.

Good thing I shaved before the show, huh?

That was the first half of the first show; next week, we shoot the second half of that show and the second half of the third show. We don't shoot the first half of the third show until, I dunno, 2023. And the first half of the second show?

Hopefully we'll get to that before I retire from hosting.

I joke about that, of course. We'll actually get to all segments of the first five shows before the end of October, even if we're shooting them (way) out of order. You shouldn't notice a thing, especially on Saturday, November 6th, when the 43rd season premiere of “High School Bowl” hits the airwaves.

Hopefully.

*****

On that note, I have to get to work early, if only because I'm leaving for a bit to be a fill-in speaker at my second Rotary Club meeting in two weeks. Apparently people at Marquette's many Rotary Clubs enjoy hearing about what the city was like 50 years ago. Either that, or I'm the only person who actually said “yes” in enough time.

I'll ask today and report back.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment