Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tuesday, 10/5

 It's actually happening. For the first time in 21 months we actually get to shoot a TV show today.

Actually, technically, we shooting half of a TV show today. But that's not the point. In just an hour or so I'll be gathering with eight of the brightest young people on the planet to shoot the first half of the first episode of season 43 of “High School Bowl” on WNMU TV.

It's been a long time coming. And we can't wait.

Maybe it's a good thing we're only shooting half an episode today; after all, we haven't done it in 21 months, we have an all-new student crew and, as I mentioned yesterday, we have an all new set.

Wanna see it?



That's right--”High School Bowl” is finally entering the 21st century. Gone are the set walls with the gray carpeting from the 1980s, replaced by LED lighting and actual video monitors. It looks even cooler on-screen than in the phone picture I took, so I can't wait to see what people think.

We're also expanding our reach this year. The Michigan Learning Channel, which feeds educational programming to every public TV station in the state, has picked up our little program for distribution. That means every person in Michigan can watch the show and shake their heads in wonder and/or confusion as they try to figure out just what in the heck a “Copper Country Death Match” is.

I think that's really cool.

I suppose I should stop now, as I need to get into the clothes I picked out this past weekend and get ready to head over there. After all, we get to do TV for the first time in 21 months today. Details tomorrow!!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment