Monday, October 18, 2021

Monday, 10/18

Okay. This is really irritating.

Friday afternoon when I rushing around trying to get a thousand things done at work I had an idea for a blog pop into my head. As I remember it it was a really good idea; something that I could expand upon and something to which a lot of people could relate. That was about 1 pm Friday.

By 130 pm Friday, I had totally forgotten what I was going to write about.

That, of course, meant I spent the entire weekend wracking my brain, trying to remember what that really good idea was. Alas, though, it was to no avail. If I was a normal person I could've put it aside and used my weekend for its intended purpose—relaxing and not worrying about work.

But, of course, when I have I ever been normal?

I remember the idea had something to do with either the number of something most people have or how often a person does something. That's why I thought it would be relatable; whatever the idea was was something most of us have to deal with. I tried thinking of every obscure little fact that had been added to my brain, but couldn't come up with it. I even went back to work and re-traced my steps and actions when I came up with the idea.

Sadly, that didn't work. And just as an aside, how come I can remember obscure little facts that pop into my head and NOT the topic about which I was going write? Sometimes, I amaze even myself. But as always, it's hardly ever in a good way.

I have no idea if I'll ever remember what the blog was supposed to be about. I do, though, have the feeling that I ever recall the topic it'll be at 4 in the morning, jolting me out of a sound sleep. After all, that's how things work, at least in my little pea brain.

So instead of what I had originally intended to write you find yourself lucky enough to cruise through this babble. I'm sorry; if I had an actual brain instead of the blob of matter that resides in my skull, that would have been different. But keep this day in the back of your (functioning) brain, and in a few weeks or months or years if I actually DO remember the topic about which I wanted to write, you can mentally head back to this entry and say to yourself (or say out loud)--

“Took you long enough to remember it”

Sigh...

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment