Monday, October 25, 2021

Monday, 10/25

 Why, yes. I DID have a reason for wearing a Christmas tie in October.

In a small way, you may have thought the world was ending last Friday. Or at least that's the impression I got when not one, not two, but three different people commented on the tie I was wearing. For some strange reason they all seemed concerned with my neck wear. I don't know if they thought I had lost my mind or had wandered through a time warp, but none of the three could comprehend why I was wearing a tie with Christmas lights and Looney Tunes characters dressed up in Santa hats on October 22nd.

I'm guessing they haven't worked in TV. Unless, of course, their lack of comprehension had something do with why ANYONE would wear a tie with Christmas lights and Looney Tunes characters dressed up in Santa hats.

That I could actually understand.

Nope; I was wearing a tie with Christmas lights and Looney Tunes characters dressed up in Santa hats because we were shooting the episode of “High School Bowl” that airs a few days before the holiday, and I just wanted to mark that occasion. If I had been really smart—something about which no one accused me—I also would've contacted the coaches for the teams and had them dress up in Christmas gear, something they said they all would have been happy to do, had they known.

But then, no one's ever accused me of being really smart, so...there's always next year, I guess.

I always find the things people about me funny, though. Aside from comments about my tie Friday I've had (in the past) everything ranging from “why were you walking up the street with a bag of broccoli” to “why were you standing on a porch twirly a broom like a baton” directed at me. Admittedly, I DO make it easy for people to question my actions; maybe if I were a normal person, that wouldn't happen. But, as we all know, I'm NOT normal, so it's just one of those things. However, unlike the time I was standing on a porch twirling a broom like a baton, I actually had a good reason for wearing a Christmas tie in the middle of October.

In fact, you can see why I did it December 18th!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment