Friday, October 1, 2021

Friday, 10/1

 Not that there was ever any doubt, but I guess I really AM a happy person!

I came across a list on a website a couple of days ago, a list of 10 items that may indicate you are, by nature, a happy person. Eight of them describe me perfectly, one doesn’t apply (yet), and I’m not totally certain about the tenth. The list?

1. You make good eye contact when you speak with someone.

2. You’re 95 years old, because happy people live the longest.

3. You’re kind, selfless, and empathetic

4. You’re distracted by things. Studies show that happy people are more easily distracted.

5. You’re generous and laid back.

6. You’re healthy.

7.You’re not addicted to anything.

8.You’re successful.

9.You have a lot to look forward to.

10. You’re very trusting of others.

Interesting, huh? Looking over the list I find that numbers 1,3,4,5,6,7,9, and 10 describe me perfectly to a “T”, I’m not the best person to judge if number 8 is accurate, and I still have quite a bit of time to deal with number two, although I am planning on living to be at least 100, so I guess we can put that one in the “pro” column, as well.

Cool!

I guess I’m lucky in that way, in that I’ve always been a glass half-full kind of person, and in that I’ve managed to find a life and lifestyle that seem to make me content. I know there are a ton of people out there who haven’t been able to do that; I feel incredibly fortunate that I’ve someone come out on the optimistic side of things. I don’t know if it’s because of background or temperament or brain chemistry (or any combination thereof), but I’m lucky. I like what I do. I like where I live. I truly like the people I hang out with. And even on those sucky winter days when it’s cold and windy and snowy and just generally crappy, I can take comfort that in a few months the sun will be out and I’ll be walking on a warm beach.

That’s a good thing, right?

I hope many of those ten items apply to you, as well, because everyone deserves to be happy in their lives. Oh sure, we may have setbacks along the way, and there may be stretches of time when things don’t exactly go the way we want them to, but everyone deserves a little happiness in their lives.

Everyone deserves to have at least 8 items on the list apply to them.

*****

Speaking of someone who deserves to have at least 8 items on that list apply to them, it's my sister's birthday Sunday! Mel's the hardest worker I know, so it wouldn't surprise me if she just kind of ignored the day while going about and doing 34,973 different things. But I hopes she stops long enough to realize that it's her big day over the weekend

So happy birthday!!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment