Thursday, May 9, 2019

Thursday, 5/9


I are an idiot.

I mean, that comes as no surprise to anyone who's ever read one of these. There are times when my brain just flies out the door, or my fingers type a little too fast, or my attention is shifted when I see a bright, shiny...

Wait. What was that?

I was planning on writing two final things about Germany today, and then letting it rest. After all, I'm sure you guys get sick listening to me talk about it, and there are a bunch of other topics waiting to be discussed.

You know—like parking spaces, and how to make sure you have enough of them, UP Health System.

Anyway, as I sat down to write this today I realized I could not remember one of the two things I wished to discuss. That's right; I had two final things to talk about, and one of those two slipped the bonds of my little pea brain. I forgot 50% of what I was going to mention, all because I can't seem to retain things in my head and/or I'm too dumb to, you know, write it down somewhere so I won't forget.

Oops.

I went through pictures and blogs from the trip, seeing if that would jog my memory, but alas, that was no help (although it DID remind me to one day mention how surreal it was to see a particular episode of “The Simpsons” dubbed into German. That episode? The one where Bart steals Adolf Hitler's car). I went through a little notebook I carry around while traveling, and there was nothing in there that made a light go on in my head. Even Loraine had no idea what I was thinking about.

Although that happens quite often in our apartment.

So I'm left with this lingering matter I was hoping to address. I have no idea if I'll ever remember what it was. If I DO remember, though, I can pretty much guarantee it'll be at 4 in the morning because, you know, that's how it always happens. Don't worry, though; if I DO remember, I won't subject you to it. After all, I said I'd stop writing about Germany after this blog, and while I may not be able to remember crap, I do stick to my word.

*****

The one thing about Germany that I DID remember? The first of the articles written about Loraine following her press conference in Weissenfels last week is now online! Admittedly, it's in German, but it does have a picture. If you wanna check it out, just CLICK HERE.

(jim@wmqt.com), married to a superstar in at least one German city.

No comments:

Post a Comment