Friday, May 31, 2019

Friday, 5/31


Neither of them are proceeding on schedule.

As you may recall, I had two things to look forward to after returning from downstate earlier this week, and as of this morning neither one of them had started. For instance, you know how they were supposed to dig up the street on which we live? How they were supposed to start Tuesday, and how we made arrangements to keep Loraine's car somewhere so it wouldn't get scratched, stolen, or molested?

Well, here's how far they've gotten--



The only difference I've seen from last week is that they have “road closed” and detour signs laying face down on a few lawns, ready to put up when needed. I hope that something is causing the delay in the work; otherwise, if this is the pace at which they'll be working on the repairs, I really don't think they'll get it done in the four weeks they've promised.

I really don't.

The other thing that's behind schedule?



I really thought they would've popped out by now, based on the buds that started to show themselves three or four weeks ago. Of course, that was just an estimate based on past years, and as we all know this spring really hasn't been like any past years, at least weather-wise, so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. Given a few warm days I'm sure they'll pop; if that's the case, I'm assuming we'll see them by, say, August at the earliest.

Of course, I was wrong about them last week, so take that prediction with a grain of salt.

On that note, have yourself a great weekend. Make sure you keep your umbrella, your mittens, and your sunscreen happy. It almost sounds like we may need all three of them in the next few days.

We're so lucky, aren't we?

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

(ps--finally, because Marquette is pretty much not like any place else, I present a little sidewalk art I saw on my way to work this morning--


You're welcome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment