Friday, May 17, 2019

Friday, 5/17


Okay. One more picture to wrap up a week of them. Hopefully, though, this one causes no controversy, if for no other reason than it's a lilac update!



As you may recall, I was wondering last week if I would actually miss peak lilac season here in Marquette when Loraine and I go downstate to visit her family over the Memorial Day weekend. I've been keeping very close track of the buds on my favorite lilac tree, and from the looks of it (and based upon years of obsessive study of the trees) it looks to me like they're 10 to 15 days away from being out in full bloom.

And if it works out that way, it means they should be fully popped out just as we get back from Reese. I will have narrowly averted tragedy. Cold weather might delay that estimate a little, while warmer weather might speed it up.

Of course, we know which one of THOSE is more likely to happen. So I think I'm pretty safe.

I haven't heard from my mother-in-law yet about whether or not their lilacs are out. I personally think it would kind of neat if I got to sniff them in Germany earlier this month, then downstate next week, and then back home the week after that. I don't think that trifecta will happen; usually, if we head to Reese around Memorial Day the lilacs will have already died. But I know it's been a cold spring down there, and, well, a boy can always dream right?

Right?

So that's your weekly lilac update. I know you've been awaiting it with baited breath, so you're welcome. On that note, have yourself a great weekend, and if you're as dangerously obsessive about them as (ahem) some of us, you might wanna check out your favorite lilac tree when you have the chance!


No comments:

Post a Comment