Friday, May 3, 2019

Friday, 5/3


It just feels weird. So, so weird.

Normally, when Loraine & I get back from a trip it's the beginning of a new week. We've flown back home on a Sunday, spend a few hours sleeping, and then face the world anew on a Monday. But not this year. Because of the altered schedule of our journey to Germany I found myself dealing with a “Throwback Thursday” and trying to get ready for a weekend all the while pondering how I had just woken up the day before in Berlin.

It just didn't feel right.

I mean, you never actually feel “right” the day after you get back from a vacation, especially one where you've spent the last 24 hours of it flying. But over the past 15 years I've gotten used to groggily facing a Monday when going back to work. I have NO idea why it was surrealistically strange to have to fave a Thursday that way, instead.

Of course, nothing I do ever seems to be normal, so how's that any different, right?

The good thing is, I guess, is that after today we have two days in which we don't have anything to do. Well, I mean, I have to finish unpacking, and I have about 18,000 loads of laundry to do. But other than that we can rest, decompress, and finish easing back into reality. On other trips we've had to wait a week to do that. So while it may have seemed weird to come back to work on a Thursday, there is an upside to it.

And who knows—maybe it's an upside with which I can get quite comfortable!

On that note, I have to deal with 9 or 10 more hours of work before decompression sets in. So have yourself a good weekend, and if you're any extra laundry to do, I may know a guy who wouldn't mind sharing some of his!!

8-)



No comments:

Post a Comment