Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday, 5/10


2020? Heck, I haven't even done most of my 2019 stuff yet!

I'm off in a few minutes for a meeting at the Marquette Regional History Center, where we're already beginning discussions on what kinds of programs and tours we wanna do next year. I'm not quite sure why the meeting is this early in the year, although I do know that a bunch of new board members are quite enthusiastic about getting things underway. If that's the case, cool.

More people need to be enthusiastic about history.

However, that means I have to be thinking about what kind of stuff I wanna do next year even though I've only done one of the four programs and tours I'm set to do this year. Heck, I haven't even done work on two of them, and here I am, already having to think about new things I wanna do. That probably says more about my habit of procrastination than anything else, but still...

I haven't even gotten around to working on stuff for this year yet.

I have a few vague ideas of things I might wanna do next year; one that's tied into the fact that it'll be a new decade by then (the 20s!) and maybe a walking tour of an area and a facet of the city I've not yet explored. And seeing as how I've now done over two dozen programs and tours for the place, there are a couple I'd like to do over again, much like the South Marquette tour I have coming up this August. Of course, it's not entirely up to me; the programs have to be approved by the committee. But it seems like I usually get carte-blanche to do a couple of things I want a year, so I have that going for me.

And that's cool.

I suppose I should wrap this up so I can actually get to the meeting and submit my ideas. And who knows—with any luck, maybe someone else will have an idea they think I should tackle. That's how the whole “Dock” tour and “What's Up Dock” show I did with Jack came about, and is proof positive that sometimes my favorite ideas come from other people.

Even if those ideas ARE coming a little early this year.

On that note, have yourself a great weekend. If you can, spend some time with your mom on Mother's Day. I know I will because mine's on her way back from Florida as I type this!



No comments:

Post a Comment