Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wednesday, 6/21

The tour is tonight. It's a good thing my bike is out & ready to go.

Over the past few weeks I've been writing about the delays in getting my bike out of the basement for the year, and how my Marquette Regional History Center-imposed deadline of tonight meant I had to get it out sometime soon, if only to make sure that I had something to ride.

Well, it's out and I am ready to roil.

I took care of it last Friday when I had a few hours off; in fact, I even took it for a spin around the bike paths we'll be visiting tonight, just to make sure my legs were up to it. And while biking uses a lot of different muscles than running, my legs seemed to know what they were doing. In fact, the only problem I ran into was the fact that the bike path was actually closed right behind the hospital construction site.

But yesterday I found out that the path's now open again, so even that problem has gone away!

I have no idea how many people are going to show up tonight. Last year when we did it we had almost 100, and I'm gonna guess that most (if not all) of those people won't ride again tonight. However, the reason we're doing it for a second time is that it got such good reviews and so many people asked the History Center if they'd do another one that we said “yes”. So who knows? Maybe five people will show up. Maybe another 100 people will show up. I don't know.

I just know that I'm going for a bike ride tonight. And I might have some people going along with me. It'll be fun either way.

If you're curious and want to ride, it gets underway at 6 at the History Center, with a $5 suggested donation to help the Center do its fine work.. It's about an 8-mile ride, with a few slight uphill stretches, but we stop almost a dozen times, and no one stretch takes more than five or six minutes. I'm thinking that, even if you haven't ridden at all this year, like me, you should have no problem taking part.

Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment