Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday, 6/30

Since I shared pictures yesterday, it's only fitting that I wrap up the week by doing the exact same thing today, right?

Right?

I don't think I need to say this yet again, but it's been a horrid year for trying to go out and photograph “summer” in Marquette. Between the clouds & the cold & the clouds & the rain, you really have to pick & choose when you can go out and capture the sights. I haven't had much of a chance to do it this season, and I've really wanted to, if only for this reason--

I want to see what the camera on my new phone can do.

So over the past few days I've tried to sneak out for the few seconds it's been (reasonably) nice and tested out my phone on something that phone cameras can occasionally have a problem with—the bright, vivid colors of summer flowers. After looking at the shots, I think I do have to say that the camera on my new phone is a marked improvement from the camera on my old phone, which did well in bright sunlight but often had problems in cloudy or indoor light. How well did the new phone do, even in hazy sunshine or cloudiness?

Judge for yourself--



***



***



***



***




So, all in all, I have to say I'm happy with the way the camera works. Now, if I could just test it out in an extended blast of bright, warm sunshine. That would be perfect and, hopefully, not too much to ask.

We'll see. Hope you have a great weekend. I'm planning on posting something Monday because I'm planning on going to work before the Fourth, but if that changes, you'll be the first to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment