Friday, June 2, 2017

Friday, 6/2

Would it be considered lazy blogging if I showed you this picture?



Or this one?



In between the raindrops yesterday I snuck down to Lakeside Park (or, as most of you know it, the park where the Father Marquette statue sits) to see just how far the lilacs had bloomed. And while they aren't fully out, they're out enough so that a dork can just stand there and sniff.

And sniff...

And sniff...



In fact, I bet even Jacques Marquette is enjoying the fragrance!



Hopefully, they'll be fully bloomed during this weekend, so that I can drag my long-suffering wife out for a round of lilac sniffing. Not even chilly weather or rain will stop me. After all, we're in use-it-or-lose-it time here, people!

8-)

And on that note, I hope that YOUR weekend is as filled with as many nirvanic possibilities as it seems is mine.


(jim@wmqt.com)

(PS--Just so you know, I won't be spending my ENTIRE weekend sniffing lilacs, because I have a high school graduation to attend.  My youngest niece Sydney is leaving the hallowed halls of Marquette Senior High School (with honors!) Sunday, and we all couldn't happier.  Way to go Syd!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment