Monday, June 5, 2017

Monday, 6/5

MONDAY, 6/5:

Okay...you remember how I took the lazy way out Friday and gave you a bunch of pictures? Well, I'm gonna do it again.

But at least this time I have an excuse.

During the 90 minutes it was actually semi-sunny & not raining Saturday I took a camera out and starting shooting all the flowers & blossoms that have popped out over the past few days. As it turned out, I was shooting a lot of them with famous (or semi-famous) Marquette landmarks out of focus (or just barely visible) in the background, and so that inspired this blog--

Maybe we can call it “What's Behind The Flowers?”

For instance, behind this flower you can see both the Range Bank building and the city power plant--



Behind these blooms lies the Marquette County Courthouse--



Old City Hall--



And even the Janzen House, if you take my word for it--




You can also catch glimpses of Peter White Public Library--



And the Landmark Inn--



Of course, I think you all know what the Holy Grail of my little picture expedition was, right? So here they are with the lake in the background--



As well as the Lower Harbor Ore Dock--



Finally, here's one that's fully in focus, if for no other reason than it looks to me, at least, like Jacques Marquette is standing there, commanding the lilacs to bloom--



Okay, maybe that's just me.

Tomorrow, I promise, a real blog with real words and stuff. Honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment