Friday, February 14, 2020

Friday, 2/14


“So..just how big of a crush DO you have on Alicia Keys?”

The caller yesterday was joking when she said that, although I knew what she was talking about. Every time I backsell or frontsell  (radio terms there) the song “Underdog”, I usually stick an adjective in front of Ms. Keys’ name; right before the call came in, in fact, I believe the term was “babe-alicious” (as in “the babe-alicious Alicia Keys”). The caller then jokingly asked how Loraine must feel about my “crush”, and I was able to answer that quite easily--

“Oh, she’s used to it”.

You see, over the last 30 years, there have been all kinds of little “crushes” floating around the Koski household. I mean, you can draw a line from Michelle Pfeiffer to Vanessa Williams to Amy Grant to Tina Fey to Halsey and not blink an eye. Of course, I’m not the only one like that; Loraine and I have often joked that if we could pry a crowbar between Amy Grant and Vince Gill and divide the spoils between us, we could each walk away happy.

Of course, that’s all it is--a joke. No matter what kind of crush I have on Michelle Pfeiffer or Tina Fey or Alicia Keys, it pales in comparison to the crush I still have, after all these years, on Loraine. Sure, like most couples, we may annoy the heck out of each other on occasion, but I can’t think of anyone else with whom I’d rather plot the breaking up of Amy Grant and Vince Gill. I really can’t.



So Happy Valentine’s Day, Loraine. Maybe you and Vince can come visit Amy & me some day!

8-)

Have a great weekend, everyone. There are a TON of things going on around here the next few days; hopefully, the weather will cooperate so can check one or two of them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment