Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wednesday, 1/3

If a picture is indeed worth a thousand words, here’s something voluminous to (hopefully) warm you up--





I would give just about anything to have a day like the one pictured in the picture; of course, I’m realistic enough to know that it’s not gonna happen any time soon. And that leads me to this question--

Have you guys, not only here in Marquette but around most of the entire U.S., been coping with the cold okay?

I myself have been dealing with the never-ending onslaught of Canadian cold air the same way I usually deal with frigid air blasts, by bundling up and trying to stay warm by whining about the cold. Everyone has their own way of dealing with crappy weather; that’s how I handle it. I’ve also been dealing with it the last few nights in a unique way.

I’ve been watching the Tour de France.

Now, I’m sure you realize that the bike race takes place in July, and that no one’s actually showing it at the moment. That’s true. However, last summer when I was DVR-ing it on a daily basis, I decided to save one segment to watch again. I saved that particular segment for a couple of reasons--because it was through a section of France we’ve visited before, and because on that particular day it was 88 degrees in France. The sun was shining, the leaves were green, and it was so hot you could just feel the people sweat.

Especially watching it in HD. And by watching it in HD you can see ‘em sweat, too.

I’ve been watching the race in segments; I should finish the whole leg by the weekend, just in time for the weather to moderate somewhat. And, of course, you can take “moderation” with a grain of salt. After all, it might actually hit the double digits this weekend. The double digits!! I’d like to think my viewing of a warm-weather segment of the Tour de France had something to do with that, but once against, I’m realistic enough to know that I had nothing to do with it.

That’s how I’ve been handling the never-ending onslaught of Canadian cold air, and by looking at pictures like the one I posted above. Hope it’s been going well for you, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment