Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday, 1/12

You know...I don't see the point of it any more.

All week I've been promising to write a blog about one particular way in which computers are stupid, but all week something else popped up. Well, we're now at the end of the week, and you know what? It just doesn't seem like it's a big deal any more. Maybe my feelings toward the spell-check on my machine have dissipated; maybe they were never just that strong to begin with. So you know what? I'll spare you the rant.

No, that's okay. You can thank me later.

So, then, what do I have to write about today? Well, just that my “string” is continuing. What “string”, you ask? Well, I answer, you may recall that last month I wrote about how I was able to run in shorts every single month of 2017. I always run in shorts when it's above freezing, and since there was at least one day each month in 2017 that warm I ran in shorts every single month of the year. Yesterday morning, at least before the rain (and then snow) started and the temperatures plummeted, it was 35 degrees.

You can then guess what I did, right?

Don't worry; I'm not gonna go on and on about it this year like I did last year. Next month the entire 28 days may be frigid, and the streak (which is actually now at 23 months) will then be broken. Or we may have a repeat of last February and it'll hit 64 again one day, causing the entire city to play outside in shorts, and I'll then have to wait until the end of this year or the beginning of 2019 for it to end. Doesn't matter; much like my rant about spell-check it's not really important in the scheme of things. So I'll spare you any more details about it.

Unless, of course, it becomes a long-term thing. So check back in 2020 or 2021 and we may have something to talk about then.

On that note, have yourself a great weekend. If you're around Marquette, try to stay warm and/or dry. I have a feeling that's something a lot of us may be struggling with. And if you're one of those lucky people who actually have a three day weekend, well...

The rest of us are jealous. Enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment