Monday, August 21, 2023

Monday, 8/21

All three? All in one day?

First of all, hope you had a great weekend and, if you were in Marquette Saturday, were able to take advantage of what might be our (sigh) last 85+ degree day of the year. I spent most the weekend playing outside and recharging my batteries which, considering what I have to do today, may have been a good thing.

You know how I have that weekend in late January where over the course of two days I have to do radio, TV, and history stuff and it all kinda blurs together in one big whirl? Well, that's nothing compared with what's on my schedule this afternoon and this evening. I'll go to work as usual this afternoon and do my radio thing, then I'll finish that, walk around the corner, and do my weekly TV gig. When that's done I'll stroll through Lower Harbor Park and over to the Lake Superior Theater where Jack & Bob Buchkoe and I will be doing "Lights, Camera, Marquette" in front of what we hope will be a sold-out crowd.

Have I ever mentioned my life is weird?

I'll say the same thing I say every January, that any one of those experiences is something following which most people would sit back and say "...that was cool". But to do them all in one day--in fact, to go from one to the other to the other without even stopping in the matter of a few hours--is kind of surreal. When we're young, we all wonder about how our lives will turn out, about what we'll be doing when we're "old"...

And I don't think I ever imagined anything like this.

So if you think you see me everywhere today, you're not imaging it. Hopefully, my presence won't be too intrusive. If it is, I apologize in advance. It's not fault.

It's just the fault of my increasingly bizarre life.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment