Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Tuesday, 6/7

If I'd known it was that easy to get a bunch of “likes” I wouldn't have put so much work into them!

Now that I'm done with the “Pieces of the Past” history videos I've made this season I'm able to do other things, like walking around and sniffing (and photographing) lilacs. That's one of the things I did between showers over the weekend, and I posted a few of the pictures I took on Saturday on Facebook. When I woke up Sunday morning I had over 300 “likes” on the pictures. I'm not surprised, I guess; people love lilacs, especially when they're combined with historical Marquette landmarks (or bees). Here's what I find funny—I spent ten minutes taking the pictures, and got those 300+ “likes”. I can spend four or five hours putting together a “Pieces of the Past” video, and get 100 or so.

Which one seems like a better return on investment?

8-)

I'm not complaining in the least. It's just an observation. I know the videos aren't everyone's cup of tea, while I know of very few (if any) people who don't like lilacs (if that's even possible). As always, I just find it...ironic that something that took me a few seconds to do ended up more popular than anything on which I can spent hours.

Oh well...c'est la vie, right?

And I don't suppose I should be surprised, not when the pictures look like this...



Or this...



Or this...



There you go. Ten minutes of work, 300+ likes. This social media thing is easy, isn't it? You just need lilacs, and you're set.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment