Friday, June 3, 2022

Friday, 6/3

I enjoyed my walk to work yesterday.

As most of the planet seemingly knows, I'm not much of a morning person. But there are a few weeks each year when I actually don't mind being out before 10 in the morning, and this is one of those weeks. Why, you ask? Well, I answer, it's because of the angle of the sun and fresh aroma of the newly bloomed trees & flowers. I'm not quite sure how or why, but the two of them combine to make me actually want to be up early, and that rarely, if ever happens.

Ever.

As a couple of examples of why I enjoyed my walk to work yesterday? Well, there were the trees...



The flowers...



The purple things that seemingly take over a lawn...



More flowers...



And, of course...



Even Mr Bee (look closely) thinks they're kind of cool.



I'm hoping I get to have a few more days of being up early and enjoying my walks to work. I know how fleeting this time of the year can be, so I plan on spending as much time as humanly possible, inhaling the sweet smells of the season. So if you happen to see me out and about this weekend with my nose stuck in lilacs or something other multi-hued, multi-flowered plant, please forgive me.

It's just that time of the year.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment