Friday, June 24, 2022

Friday, 6/24

 Okay...this is really stupid.

I just tried to post today's blog and found it it wouldn't post.  I wasn't quite sure why, until Blogger--the Google product we use to post these things--gave me a message telling me the post violated "community standards"--

I has no idea why the blog violated "community standards"; after all, I try quite hard to make sure that everyone cal read these.  And then when I was going through the blog, trying to figure out the reason behind the ban, I realized how it violated Blogger community standards.

Because I used the word "pr*stitue" in it 22 times.

It wasn't in any malicious or salacious way; it was basically one big long joke about how someone from the History Center called yesterday and referred to me as "Marquette's greatest living authority on pr*stitues", wondering if I knew a fact because someone from California was looking for information on a brothel near a lumber camp (and, if you're curious, no I didn't know.  So I guess I'm not worthy of that title, as it stands).

Anyway, the blog was one long riff on that joking title, but Blogger didn't' see it that way.  Because Blogger didn't see it that way it wouldn't post the entry as I originally wrote it.  So here's what I'm gonna do--

If it posts this one, the one with "pr*stitutes" all over it, over the weekend I'll change all the real words in the original to the ones with the asterisk, and see if we can make it go for Monday.

Wow...the things you can (and can't) get away with these days.  If anyone tells you we're living in strange times, they're not wrong.

8-)

Have a great weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment