Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Wednesday, 8/25

 I wonder what a “regular” Tuesday night is like? I think I've actually forgotten.

First of all, last night's gig at the Lake Superior Theater went quite well. Don't believe me? Just ask the crowd in the picture taken from my phone --



Even though Jack & I hadn't gone through the program or rehearsed it at all (except for a note from Jack that said “we should probably try to keep it under two hours”, which we (barely) did) we zoomed through it with jokes, a few gasps from the audience, and a good feeling from just being back on stage for the first time in a year and a half (like I mentioned yesterday).

Now, if we can only keep tonight's “What's Up Dock” show kinda short...seeing as how it clocked in at 2 hours and 10 minutes when we did it at Kaufman in 2019. I don't hold out much hope for that, but miracles CAN occur, right?

8-)

It was also the third straight Tuesday where something out of the ordinary happened in my life. Two weeks ago, I spent Tuesday stuck in Charlotte, North Carolina. A week ago, I spent Tuesday evening leading a bike tour around Marquette. And last night, I spent the night cracking bad jokes on stage. I don't think I have anything out of the ordinary to do next Tuesday night, so I don't know if I'll be able to handle it or not. I'll probably spend the evening walking around our apartment like I've forgotten to do something important or like I should be somewhere else.

I'm sure Loraine will appreciate that.

But, that's still six days away. Maybe by then I'll actually be to the point where I appreciate a Tuesday evening with nothing to do. It may seem weird, but hopefully it'll work out that way.

Keep your fingers crossed.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment