Monday, August 23, 2021

Monday, 8/23

 This is going to be a weird week. But then, recently, which week hasn't?

Last Friday I alluded to the fact that I really need to have a talk with the person who does my scheduling. Because, you see, that person booked me to give a dock tour to a group of Airstream trailer enthusiasts traveling through Marquette today, and then booked me to do not one but two nights in a row at the the Lake Superior Theater with my pal Jack tomorrow and Wednesday night.

See? The person who does my scheduling and I really do need to have that serious talk.

Actually, it shouldn't be too difficult. I give dock tours in my sleep (literally; I've had dreams about doing it) and Jack & I are reprising two of the Kaufman shows we've done--”North vs South” Tuesday night and (carrying on the theme of the week) “What's Up Dock” Wednesday night. So I don't have to do much if any work; I just have to walk around or get up on stage and talk.

But that's not the other point. I would also like a little time in my life to relax. But I guess that's what Thursday's for, at least this week.

Right?

So if you have the chance join us Tuesday or Wednesday, or wave if you happen to see us wandering around today. I'm sure the person who handles my scheduling would appreciate it, as well.

*****

I don't know if this explains anything about now I turned out or not, but did you know my great-grandmother's brother was a clown? Yup; it;'s all in this Mining Journal article from my friends at the History Center. Of course, what it doesn't mention is that another sibling in the family ran away, joined the circus, and was part of an elephant act.

See? It DOES explain a lot, doesn't it?

Clink on the link below to check out the article--

https://www.miningjournal.net/news/2021/08/happy-the-clown-a-local-legend/

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment