Monday, July 19, 2021

Monday, 7/19

Since I have two things I m doing today (which I'll tell you about in a second) I'm going to make this quick, but...

Those of you who've been reading this forever will be happy to know it's “Jim's a Geek” week.

I know; when is it NOT “Jim's a Geek” week? But this is special; this is the week when I count license plates for a week and how many different state shave residents visiting our fair city. I usually do it the week of Art on the Rocks, but for the second year in a row that event won't be held. So, much like last year when the world was just opening up again, I don't know that I'll be able to do a year-to-year comparison about how our tourism industry is faring.

However, like I wrote around the Fourth, I have the feeling it's faring quite well, just due to the fact that it's INSANE around here. I'll be curious to see if the numbers back that up.

Now, the reason I'm keeping this short. Well, it's supposed to be yet another gorgeous (albeit hazy) day, so I'm taking a half day to go play in the sun. And it's supposed to be yet another gorgeous (albeit hazy) evening, so I'm gonna do another Pop-Up tour for the History Center tonight, this time talking about parking lots and what used to be there.

It gets underway at 630 at the History Center if you're interested...hint hint.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment