Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Wednesday, 12/16

 And the hits just keep on coming.

Yesterday, you may recall about my adventure with my credit card company. Thankfully, that's all taken care of. I don't have to worry about it any more, and all I have to do is make sure we don't make the same mistake again.

So that's cool.

However, no more than an hour after finishing up that task I received some news that I knew was coming, although it didn't make it any better upon hearing it. As I've speculated about in here before, “High School Bowl”, the TV show I host, will not be on at all this year.

Covid claims another victim, darn it.

I am in no way surprised; in fact, it's a decision about which I was consulted and one with which I whole-heartedly occur. But seeing it in writing, and then having to inform the public about it, is different. As I wrote a few weeks ago this whole thing was like one of our Europe trips from earlier this year—you know it's not going to happen, but you always hold out a sliver of hope until a certain drop-dead date passes.

And I guess yesterday was the show's drop-dead date.

So...no “High School Bowl” this year. We're still aiming at picking it back up again in September, when a new school year starts and (hopefully) the two approved vaccines will have worked their magic. After all, we have a new set upon which to play, and a new logo, and all that cool stuff that the gang at WNMU-TV worked at hard & long. All that is ready to go.

Now all we need is for the world to cooperate, and we'll be all set.

Keep your fingers crossed, if you wouldn't mind.

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment