Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Tuesday, 12/31


Wow. Here it is, the final blog of 2019, the final blog of the teens, and and I don’t have anything profound to say.

Bummer.

I don’t know what it is about the impulse to wrap up an entire year or decade on a day like today; it just seems like I should have something important/pithy/poetic to say about the 364 days we’ve just experienced. But you know what? I don’t have anything, aside perhaps from saying goodbye to 2019 and, while it’s on the way out, hoping that it doesn’t let the door hit it in the you-know-what.

I mean, it’s not that 2019 was bad, or anything. We all made it through the year with a pulse, and there are a lot of good things that happened over the months. But there were a lot of disappointments to go along with the successes. I know that happens every year, and that why instead of looking back on the year that just happened I’d rather look ahead to the year that’s ahead.

I’m looking forward to an actual summer this upcoming year. I’m looking forward to going back to Europe twice this upcoming year. I’m looking forward to what could be some big changes at work this upcoming year. I'm looking forward to wrapping up the latest season of the TV show I host, and seeing what the next one holds. I’m looking forward to leading hundreds of people along the streets of Marquette for the History Center tours this summer, and I'm really looking forward to seeing if we can pack Kaufman again in a month. I’m looking forward to playing soccer outside in the warm sun with Loraine. I'm looking forward to voting a few times. And I'm also looking forward to a something I haven't even considered yet. I don't know what that something is, but every year there's something new.

And I'm looking forward to that, too.

See all that 2020 holds in store? That’s why I’d rather look ahead. I’m confident that it’ll be a very good year for me, and I hope it’s even better for you.

On that note, have a great New Year's Day. Don't overdo it tonight, and if you do, just remember that hydration is the key to a quick recovery. See you Thursday!



No comments:

Post a Comment