Friday, December 6, 2019

Friday, 12/6


T minus 18 days until Christmas Eve, and I’m proud to say I haven’t even devoted one second of thought to buying gifts for the holidays.

Well, okay, maybe “proud” isn’t the right word. Maybe “embarrassed” or “mortified” or “not totally surprised” would fit in that sentence a little better. But here we are 18 days out, and I haven’t done a thing yet.

I really need to get my butt in gear, don’t I?

As usual, I have an excuse, and as usual, the excuse is the same excuse that I always use--I just haven’t had the time yet. I mean, between my real job and my TV job (where I have to be in a few minutes, in fact) and my History Center job and my feeble attempt to have a personal life, there just hasn’t been much leftover brainpower to think about things. Heck, my birthday was Wednesday, and it wasn’t until, I think, Monday that I even wrote down a few gift suggestions, even though people had been bugging me about it for weeks.

My fault, and my fault entirely.

However, I’ve promised myself that this is the weekend that I will get my butt in gear and start devoting thought to this year’s gift list. There are a couple of events this weekend that are designed to put people in the holiday spirit—the Greek Orthodox Church Bake Sale and the Peter White Public Library’s Winter Wonderland Open House & Cookie Fest, just to name a few. So while I’m eating waaaaaaay too much food for the third time in nine days I’ll also start to think about what to give friends and family for the holidays.

After all, there are 18 days left. That’s, like, an eternity, right?

8-)

On that note, YOU have yourself a great weekend. If you have any holiday chores to take care of, I hope you get them done quickly and without hassle!!



No comments:

Post a Comment