Friday, January 25, 2019

Friday, 1/25


Thank you, weather. It looks like I might get the chance to decompress just a little after all.

Because of the cold, snow, and closed schools, I don't have a “High School Bowl” TV shoot this morning, which means that my incredibly packed weekend is now just a little less packed. That means I have a few minutes to reflect on what happened last night, with this sold out crowd--



Over 800 people (some from as far as Iron Mountain!) crammed into Kaufman to hear Jack & me ramble on and on about the docks of and the ships that came into Marquette. They seemed to have a good time, I know WE had a great time, and once again I'm amazed by the power of Lake Superior. Or, more to the point, the power and the hold that the lake has over people who live near it. As I mentioned at the beginning of the show, the only reason Marquette came into existence was because of the lake and what we now call Lower Harbor, and in the 170 years since it's still the reason that many people live here.

It's also the reason, apparently, that we packed Kaufman. So thanks to everyone who braved the cold & the snow last night to share 90 minutes and 200 + pictures with us. We hope you enjoyed it!

Okay; I'm off to work and to get ready for tomorrow's epic vocal Noquemanon stint. Come back here Monday to see if I actually have a voice left!


No comments:

Post a Comment