Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Wednesday, 7/25


No one died, and the set is still standing. So I guess that's a good thing!

Yesterday's taping of “The Ryan Report” went off without a hitch, despite Don's having a rather non-important guest on, and his then letting me babble for most of the half hour. We talked radio a little (Don having started in radio 60 or so years ago), “High School Bowl” a little, and history a lot, and before you knew it the half hour was up. If you're a serious masochist and actually want to sit through it, it's scheduled (at least at this moment) for Sunday, August 12th, but it could get bumped to a different date should a serious and/or more interesting person show up.

I'll keep you informed.

It was actually the first time I was at the TV-6 studio since the last telethon I hosted there, and that was sometime last decade. It's changed a little, too--



No camera operators, nice cool lights, and HD monitors all over the place. It's a bit different from shooting “High School Bowl”; more sleek, and without a studio audience off of which to bounce bad jokes. But, at least in that respect, I tried.

You have to see for yourself if I succeeded when the show airs next month.

*****

Today, by the way, starts one of my favorite times of the year here in radio land—the start of our annual “Fairground Frenzy” contest, in which listeners have to impersonate farm animals to win tickets to the U.P. State Fair. I love doing this contest, if only because some people REALLY put some effort into their impersonations, and some people don't try as hard. Either way, I get to have fun with the callers, and that's the most important thing.

So if you're in the area, tune in some time during the next ten days and see what I'm talking about!


No comments:

Post a Comment