Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday, 7/24


Go ahead—ask me what I'm doing in a few hours. I dare you.

Okay; I'm glad you took me up on that dare. In a few hours, I'm jumping in Loraine's car and heading out to TV-6. Why, you ask? Well, I answer, Don Ryan has apparently run out of important and/or interesting people to have on “The Ryan Report”, because he has asked me to be the guest on this week's edition of the show.

I know; it makes me laugh, too. On a show that has hosted governors and presidential candidates and business tycoons, this week viewers will be stuck with me, guaranteeing, if nothing else, record low ratings and some of the strangest answers a guest has provided Don in his almost 60 year long career in broadcasting.

It's the least I can do.

I actually have NO idea why he would want me as a guest on his show; he said something about radio and history, two topics about which I know a little, but why anyone would actually want to watch a show about that is beyond me. But he seems to think it'll work out, and since it's his show I'm guessing he knows what he's talking about. I just hope he knows what he's getting himself into.

8-)

Don't worry; I'll behave myself, or at least behave myself as much as I do when I appear on a Public TV -13 pledge break. But as most of you know, I have a pathological inability to be “serious”, even in a “serious” setting like a TV show. I will always be making a slightly left-of-center comment, weird pop culture reference, or tongue-in-cheek statement delivered with the driest wit I know (and trust me, I know dry wit). I just hope Don doesn't mind that.

More importantly for him, I hope the people watching the show don't mind.

I don't know when it's airing; I'm assuming Sunday, but you know what they say about assuming things, right? I'll ask when I head out there, and let you know tomorrow, when I also share the report of whether or not they just decide to delete the show from the hard drive after they see that I'm not their normal type of guest.

With that, I'm heading out there. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment