Friday, January 31, 2020

Friday, 1/31


This should be a really, really good weekend. After all, I don't have to do ANYTHING, except watch the New England Patriots not be in the Super Bowl.

That's the sign of a good weekend, right?

After everything that's gone on the past few weekends this weekend will be a welcome change. No presentations, no ski race announcing, no appearances, no nothing. The highlight of my weekend, in fact, aside from watching the Stupor Bowl, may be doing a couple of loads of laundry. Oh, although if I do get ambitious I might walk down to the library for a couple of minutes and look through a couple of old city directories as part of one of the History Center programs I'm putting together for this summer.

But that's only if I feel ambitious.

It's gonna be a weird feeling, this not having anything to do for two days. I mean I had a day or two around the holidays off because they were, you know, holidays. But it's been been pretty much non-stop since. Hopefully, I won't have to remember to learn how to relax. Hopefully, buried deep inside my somewhat bizarre psyche I have the mental muscle memory to remember how to do it. If not, I'll just be wandering around our apartment all weekend, thinking I'm supposed to be doing something and driving Loraine insane in the process. And since I don't wanna get beat up by my dear wife, I'm hoping I'll remember how to relax.

So keep your fingers crossed about that!

I'd write more, but I need to get over to NMU and shoot the final episodes of “High School Bowl” for the year. Yup; for the first time since I've been hosting the show and perhaps for the first time in the 42 year history of the show there has not been ONE shooting day canceled because of the weather.

Not one!

Have a great weekend,



No comments:

Post a Comment