Friday, January 3, 2020

Friday, 1/3


Well. Who knew snow could be so pretty, if you look at it the right way?

The sun was actually out for a bit Wednesday, and when running that morning Loraine noticed all the snow & ice we'd accumulated the past few days had been sticking on trees and making things look, as she put it, “like a actual winter wonderland”. So before the sun melted it all I grabbed one of my cameras and we took advantage of having New Year's Day off of work by walking around and taking a few shots.

Yup. I actually took pictures of winter scenes. Maybe the new decade really IS changing me!

Anyway, what did we see? Well, how about the street scene by our house that Loraine first noticed--



There were also a couple of street signs that were unable to make it through the storm unscathed--




A mini snowman (right smack dab in the middle of the Williams Park tennis courts) that wasn't too worse for wear--



Sidewalks that still hadn't recovered from the onslaught--



Frozen trees that were finally being thawed by the sun.



A boat that, I'm guessing, won't hit the water for a while--



And the top of an old building that's seen 129 winters like this--



I'm glad Loraine noticed how interesting it looked, because by the time we returned home the sun had melted most of the snow & ice from the trees, and things just started to look drab again. But for a short while, even though I usually don't like it, I do have to admit that Marquette really did look like a winter wonderland.

Just don't tell anyone I said that.

8-)

Have a great weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com), eagerly awaiting summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment