Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tuesday, 9/26

Now that “Summer in September” (trademark pending) is set to leave us (and, as an aside to “Summer in September”, please don't go!), at least we have pictures.

That's right; aside from going to the beach Sunday with Loraine, I spent almost the entire weekend outside soaking up the sun and the 90 degree heat. And since I don't think I can go outside when it's nice without a camera, here's a smattering of what I came across.

Despite the fact that it's almost October, there are plenty of bright colors, from one end of the spectrum...



To the other--



There were also plenty of bugs doing what bugs do-



And not just bees, either--



Loraine and I weren't the only ones at the beach on Sunday--



In fact, it was so crowded that if you wanted a little peace & quiet you had to get away from it all--



And, lest we forget, it IS almost October, so even though it was sunny & 90 degrees there were these reminders that something is not that far away...



I'm not quite sure what (or who) that it; for now, let's just call it the spirit of winter approaching and leave it at that. So long, “Summer in September” (trademark pending). While I wish you had actually shown up on your normal schedule, this was a weekend for the record books.

Tomorrow, the story of something I DIDN'T see over the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment