Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thursday, 9/14

So where was this kind of weather this “summer”? Sigh...

Here we are, now four days into our “Summer in September” (trademark pending) and I just have to chuckle at the absurdity of the whole situation. I have to chuckle, otherwise I'd probably start crying. Yesterday, in fact, was especially gorgeous, and it looks like we have have another amazing day on Saturday. If the forecast hold, it means that we will be having six straight days with highs above 70 degrees this week.

The sad thing about that? There was not ONE stretch of six days this entire summer where the high hit 70 degrees. Not one.

See why I'm laughing?

I realize that as the planet's climate changes our weather norms are changing, as well. Maybe from now on we'll have rather crappy “summers” and then get things like our “Summer in September” (trademark pending) on a yearly basis. But while a week of “Summer in September” (trademark pending) is okay, I would much rather go old school and have, you know, three months of summer. You know—a June where it's not rainy, a July where it's nice and hot, and an August where the temperatures actually get above 60 on a daily basis.

That's not asking too much, is it?

I know. I'll shut up now. I've been told time and time again, by people much smarter than I, that there's nothing you can do to change the weather. You get what you get. And if you get a “Summer in September” (trademark pending) after the lack of a real “summer”, you should probably enjoy it as much as possible, if only because I have a feeling that a “Summer in October” (trademark not pending) is not something we will get to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment