Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thursday, 9/28

It starts all over again tomorrow.

“It”, of course, is another season (the 40th, believe it or not) of “High School Bowl” on Public TV 13. While the show won't actually start airing new episodes for another month and a half, tomorrow's the day the first new shows of the season are taped; hopefully, this year, with a host who knows what he's doing.

You know...me!

I say that as a joke, of course. After hosting the show for the past three years I'd HOPE I know what I'm doing. That theory will actually be put to the test when first Hancock & Stephenson and then Houghton & Dollar Bay take their place on the set tomorrow morning. We've not done any technical rehearsals or practice sessions; we're just hoping to pick up where we left off a long six and a half months ago.

There's no danger in that, right?

That was, I think, one of the great things about stepping into a TV show that's heading into its 40th season. Everyone behind the scenes has been doing their job for so long that they can just get right back into it without even giving it a second thought. I'm hoping I can do that, as well. I don't think it'll be a problem, as for me; at least, it does NOT seem like it's been six and a half months since we taped last year's championship match. Six and a half days, maybe, but not six and a half months.

Not, of course, that what I do is difficult. I stand up there, read things, and crack bad jokes. Trust me...it's not that hard. So if I CAN'T step right back into things; well, maybe they need to find a new host.

8-)

I think the show we tape tomorrow airs November 4th, so you won't have too long to see the result. I know that, until then, Public TV is re-running the final episodes of last year's competition beginning a week from Saturday. So if you want to (spoiler alert) re-live Houghton's run to yet another title, you're all ready to go.

Just like we will (hopefully) be tomorrow morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment