Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday, 9/18

Once again, it’s time for you to decide.

As you may recall, every year when I get back from Europe I let you guys decide on which picture I took there gets to be my work computer desktop photo for the year. So far, you’ve chosen trees, flowers, village scenes, and last year, these tomatoes from the market in Bayeux, France--



I always pick out a couple of semi-finalists from which you get to choose, and I base the choice on this criteria--that I like it enough to be able to stare at it every day for the next year. After all, it would make no sense for me to, say, have to look at a picture of snow or something grungy for an entire year, which is the reason why you may notice all the pictures have a little sun or something cheery about them. Oh, and there should be enough room for a dozen or so icons to appear without disrupting the flow of the picture.

Okay, with that out of the way, here are your choices for this year, as taken in chronological order--

A cow in the sun with a wicked storm in the background, from Chaumont, Belgium--



The Moselle Valley in Remich, Luxembourg--



The peacock that tried to steal Loraine's dinner, Parc de la Pepiniere, Nancy, France--



The Stadtgarten (City Garden) in Freiburg, Germany--



And the castle in Heidelberg, Germany--



Take a look at the pictures, and by this Friday morning please let me know which you think should be on my computer desktop. I’ll announce the winner then, and for the next year, that’ll be the picture that greets me every morning when I come into work. You guys have shown great taste in the past; I look forward to seeing what you choose this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment