Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday, 9/15

I've been breached!

Whenever I get back from Europe I know there are a ton of loose ends with which I have to deal, but never in my wildest dreams did I think one of those loose ends would be to take care of things because I was one of 100+ million victims of the Equifax credit hack.

I guess I'm just lucky that way.

There's a website where you can go to see if you're one of the victims of the hack (and it's a legit site; Loraine was given it at the bank at which she works). You enter in your last name and a few digits of your Social Security number and the company lets you know if your info was stolen in the hack.

Mine was. Loraine's, thankfully, wasn't.

Once you find out if you're a victim you then can, if you so choose, fill out a few screens of stuff to have your credit monitored to make sure that it's not used in a nefarious way. I don't know if it matters; after all, the cynic in me has always assumed that your personal info is floating around the dark web anyway. Bit I'll admit it does give you a small slice of peace of mind, and it's the least the company can do after allowing itself to be breached.

The very least.

Other than that, all the other loose ends from the trip have been pretty much swept up, with the exception of some laundry that needs to get done. I'm looking forward to this weekend for a couple of reasons, several of which have nothing to do with the fact that it's supposed to be sunny & 80. I'm looking forward to getting back into our normal weekend routine, seeing it hasn't been “normal” for a couple of months now. As much as I enjoy writing these things (and I really DO enjoy writing them), I've been writing one every day since August 28th. It'll be nice to rest my brain for a day or two. And secondly, I'm looking forward to the benefit for Phil's statue being held Sunday afternoon at the Delft Bistro.

Hope you can join me for that; if I don't see you there, make sure that you have yourself a spectacular (and credit breach-free) weekend wherever you are and whatever you do!



No comments:

Post a Comment