Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Tuesday, 8/8

Sure...now that I need them, do you think I can find them?

Nope.

Those of you who read this on a daily basis may recall a blog I wrote a couple of months ago about how British one pound coins are changing, and how the two that I have in my possession need to get used during our upcoming layover in London. If you don't use them by November, they're no longer any good, except, maybe, as little trinkets you throw in a fish tank.

It's ether use them or lose them.

I wrote the blog about the two coins, even including a scanned picture of them.  But as I'm starting to get things together for the journey, what's the one thing I can't find? Yup; the two one pound coins, the one thing I really can't save for a future trip because the only thing they'll be good for after November is fish tank trinkets.

Sigh.

I have no idea what I did with the coins after I wrote the blog. I thought I had given them to Loraine for safekeeping; that would've been the smart thing to do. But she says she doesn't have them, and a quick search of both my travel stuff and the places in my office where I might have left them (ie the bed of my scanner) have proved futile.

They've disappeared. Maybe they really DO wanna reside in a fish tank.

I'm sure I still have the coins somewhere. I'm sure they're shoved in a drawer of stuff or buried deep inside the pockets of a pair of pants I haven't worn since April. So I'm confident I still have the two coins. That's not the point, though. What's the good of having the coins if I can't find them and then use them before the November deadline? Sure, the two coins are worth less than three bucks, so if I don't find them it won't be the end of the world.

It's just the principle of the thing.

So keep your fingers crossed that sometime in the next three weeks I stumble across them, and am able to pick up a can of European Dr. Pepper or something at Heathrow. Otherwise, if I ever do find them the coins will only be good as trinkets in a fish tank. And I don't have any fish.

Sometimes, I amaze even myself. And usually it's not in a good way.


No comments:

Post a Comment