Thursday, August 17, 2017

Thursday, 8/17

I told you I'd go out and take some pictures of flowers. And I kept my word!

You may remember that I took a half day Tuesday, a half day where the forecast promised a lot of sun. But since this is the summer of 2017 in Marquette I instead ended up with a half day full of fog and cold winds off the lake, which means I couldn't head down to the beach and zen out.

I could, however, grab a camera and go out & photograph things. As I mentioned a while ago, I haven't done that much this year, and since we're going to Europe in a bit and one of my jobs there is to act as Loraine's staff photographer, I figured I'd get a little practice in.

And even though it was gloomy out, I did my best to capture a little color, including pink--




And purple--



And even more purple--


Plus red--



And yellow--



And since the day was kind of gray anyway, I decided to join in the party.



I know I've been falling down on the job this summer as far as taking pictures goes, and as these prove the yucky weather isn't a very good excuse. So here's my promise—I'll try to do more before we leave, maybe even this weekend, assuming the forecast actually holds for once. After all, practice does make perfect, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment