Thursday, August 10, 2017

Thursday, 8/9

Monday I might do something wild & crazy. Monday I might do something way out of the ordinary. Monday I might do something I hardly ever do.

Monday, I may take the day off.

I can't remember the last time I had a full, non-holiday day off. Sure, I've been taking half days here and there throughout what's passed as our “summer” this year, but I haven't had a whole day off since, maybe, when we went to France last year.

It's been that long.

I've been thinking about this all summer, and while I'm still considering it at this point, there are several reasons for the possibility. One, I have to work Saturday for Ore-To-Shore. I've been working a lot of weekends this summer, and would like to have more than 24 hours in a row off. Two, I'd like to take a day off when it's still nice out, and seeing as how the Monday after this Jen has off and one of us has to be here to work, and the Monday after THAT is right before we leave for Europe, if I'm gonna do it I have to do it this Monday. And finally, I have a crap-load of things I've wanted to do this summer that I haven't gotten to, everything from just wandering around taking pictures to cleaning off headstones at Park Cemetery to getting my International Driving Permit at AAA to writing out a pre-getaway blog for our trip site.

I have no idea what I'll do if I take Monday off. If it's “nice” out (with “nice”, of course, being a comparative term) maybe I'll do what I usually do on a half day, adding in a few of those things I mentioned above. If it's not nice out? Maybe I'll read a book. Maybe I'll take a nap. Maybe I'll put the finishing touches on “21 Pictures”, which I really need to do. Maybe I'll surprise Loraine with a nice dinner or some of her favorite brownies. It doesn't matter.

It'll just be nice having the day off.

I haven't totally decided yet, but I need to figure this out soon. After all, when I take a day off it means that I have to work ahead to get everything done for that extra day. And seeing as how I'm already trying to work ahead to be able to go to Europe in a few weeks, maybe the timing isn't the best. But I'd like to think that I could squeeze out an extra day while it's still (comparatively) nice out. I dunno. It was a thought on my part, but the more I type this the more I start to wonder. Would it be worth it? Would a half day be better?

I say this in jest, but it's not easy being me sometimes. Really, it isn't. Oh well...I'll let you know what I figure out tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment