Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Wednesday, 7/17

And just like that, another season is over.

Throughout the past couple of months I've been sharing many of the "Pieces of the Past" videos I've been making for the Marquette Regional History Center. It's hard for me to believe, but after today all 18 of them I've made since the beginning of the year will now be available to the public.

Series four of the "show" is now in the books.

I started these videos during Covid, when some people were stuck in their homes and looking for any sort of entertainment. Since telling historical stories seems to be my one and only skill, I figured I'd give it a shot, and voila--they were a hit. Since they're a little too labor-intensive to do them on a daily or weekly basis, I've just been doing a batch (or a "season", if you prefer) most Springs since, and after a hiatus for my restaurant documentary last year, I did it again in 2024.

And now, that season is coming to an end.

I'm still kind of on the fence as to whether there will be a "season" five, but then it's like that every time I finish a batch. I actually have interviews I did this year that I didn't use; plus, I have tentative plans to work with a Native Studies class at NMU to put something together about the peoples who lived here before Europeans showed up. So right there we have the basis for a bunch of videos next time around. or, we have the basis for a longer-length piece or two. What form that takes, I guess, will depend upon several different things.

I guess we'll just have to see how I feel next winter. If I'm bored and/or frustrated at being stuck inside because we have a real winter (unlike the one we had last year), at this time next year we'll be talking about how I'm wrapping up "season" five of the show.

We'll just have to see.

So on that note, I'll leave you with the season finale. It's actually pretty much a mirror of the season premiere, so because of that I'll say the same thing I said when I posted the first entry of "season" four--Watch it on as big of a screen as possible.



(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment