Monday, July 1, 2024

Monday, 7/1

Okay...where has the first half of 2024 gone?

I mean, I’ve looked everywhere, and can’t find it. I even looked in the back of the closet, underneath the couch cushions, and in that little thing where you put change in your car, but yet. . .

Nothing. I can’t find the first half of the year ANYWHERE.

Actually, that’s not surprising; it seems like I have this same feeling every July 1st, the feeling that an entire half year has disappeared before our collective eyes. I mean, it feels—literally—like I was just making our annual Kaiserschmarnn and playing soccer on a snow-free New Year's Day. Now, a day later (or so it seems) I’m trying to work ahead because it's the Fourth of July in three days and I have a long weekend in front of me

I mean, January 1st and July 4th. There’s only a day or two between those two dates, right?

But after looking back at a few of the blogs I’ve written since January 1st, I can see where many of those days went. In fact, a couple of week ago I received a note from daily blog reader Kelly in Marquette, who asked if there was anything I HADN’T done in the previous few months. And after looking back at both the blogs I’ve written and the calendar on my office wall, I think I can say with confidence. . .

Nope. I think I’ve actually done everything I could humanly do since January 1st, with the possible exception of sitting back, relaxing, and taking the time to figure out what I actually DID do in the first half of the year.

But, then, that’s what the second half of the year is for, right?

RIGHT?!?!?!?

Sadly (or, depending upon how you look at it, fortunately) the second half of the year promises to be just as busy, with a few long weekend getaways, weekly TV gigs, the annual starting up of another weekly TV gig, and all the other stuff that comes up because I have an inability to say “no”. In fact, I'm pretty sure that when I wake up “tomorrow” it'll be December 31st, and I'll be asking this question--

Just where did the SECOND half of 2024 go?

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment