Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Tuesday, 7/23

I think I'll have everything done on time.

As I mentioned yesterday, Loraine and I have to head downstate for her mom's memorial service/lunch/inurnment/family gathering. We'll leave tomorrow, with all the official stuff on Thursday, and then just spend a very long weekend hanging out with various members of her family (and playing soccer) before coming back next Monday in time for me to do TV.

That means a couple of things. It means that I've had to get a couple of weeks' worth of work done in a week or so (which, thankfully, I seem to have accomplished), and it also means that there won't be another one of these here for a week. I'll try to write one as we're driving back next Monday. After all, there's two and a half hours of Loraine driving up I-75 before I take over once we cross the Bridge, and since I already seem to know every tree, exit, and junkyard off the freeway to begin with, I might as well do something a little more constructive with my time than just stare out the window.

Right?

So I'll be back here a week from today. It'll be a little summer vacation; perhaps not the one we were planning and certainly not one we wanted to have, but it'll be a little getaway nonetheless. So wish us safe travels and, if you would, keep Loraine's family in your thoughts.

I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

See you next week...

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment