Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tuesday, 1/23

I kinda like the picture myself.

Here we are, two days before our big “Legends & Lore” show at Kaufman, and my pal Jack & I have finally put the show together. Our shows are often quite spontaneous (as we always quip to the crowd, “you're not paying for us to rehearse, you're donating to the History Center”) but once everything is compiled we do run through the show quickly to make sure all the pictures are in place and that we each know what the other will be talking about.

Well, we went through all 300+ (yes, 300+) pictures yesterday, and I think we have a GREAT show coming up. (Speaking of which, it sold out as of yesterday afternoon...the soonest we've ever done it!)  You'll see things you've never seen before and hear stories you've never heard before, and you'll also see a picture I took a few weeks ago of the building in which I work--


When we were going through them Jack commented on how he thought the picture was great, and coming from a professional photographer that's quite the compliment. I took it with my phone on New Year's Day, believe it or not, and the low winter sun angle (and lack of snow) just gave the picture a very colorful glow. I guess I hadn't realized it until Jack said something about it.

I guess it is kinda cool.

Now, you ask, why would I take a picture of the building in which I work? Well, I answer, it involves the people who had it built 99 years ago—the Knights of Pythias. I'm doing a gag segment on fraternal organizations and the weird get-ups they used to wear, and I'm closing with the Pythians because (and I had no idea about this) they were actually formed in the UP.

That's all I'm gonna say about it here. I'll spill the rest of the beans some day after the show. After all, I don't want to share ALL the good stuff before the crowd gathers on Thursday, do I?

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment