Monday, January 29, 2024

Monday, 1/29

I'll be able to sleep one of these years...right?

I made it through my weekend, which, if you recall, consisted of a big History Center show, a TV show, a radio show, announcing at one of the biggest ski races in the country, and writing for another TV gig that I'll be doing later today.

Because, you know, that's how “normal people” spend three days, right?

8-)

It was interesting announcing the race Saturday. Because of the lack of good snow it was held out at the Noque Forestville Trailhead instead of the Dome in Marquette. Overnight fog had melted more of the snow, and then the sun (believe it or not) the day of the race led to more of it going away. It's a good thing the race won't be held this week. I have a feeling that there won't be any snow LEFT by this upcoming Saturday.



Not that the conditions seemed to deter the participants in the Noque. Their races may have been shortened and the trails may not have been optimal, but as always everyone seemed to have a big smile on their face as they crossed the finish line.

And that's always a good thing.



So...now what? Do I take advantage of a (mostly clear) schedule and relax for a few weeks? Do I sit back, sigh a sigh of relief, and kick my feet off. Uhm...how long have you been reading these?

Details coming (very) soon on my next project!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment