Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thursday, 1/18

One week from today it'll all be over.

My day of video shoots went fine yesterday. Most of the day, of course, was spent talking about “Legends & Lore”, the show Jack & I are doing for the History Center at Kaufman a week from tonight. All the promotion we're doing seems to be working out, as the house is already 90% sold out.

So if you don't have your tickets yet you'd better get 'em soon!

I had mentioned yesterday that one of the TV things I was doing involved some of the material we had to cut from the show because of length. We try to get people out of Kaufman at a reasonable hour, and after Jack & I realized we both had an hour or so of material each (plus one segment we're both doing) we realized something had to go.

I fell on the sword, cutting two of my segments. I mean, it's not like I don't write newspaper articles or make videos or give tours, so it's not like the stories won't get used in one form or the other.

In fact, they'll probably get used in many forms, the way I'm going these days.

Anyway, what I did at the History Center was to tell one of those stories as a tease for the whole show. My pal Emily Varga and I worked this out; I just walked around talking, and she shot me with a steadicam while I babbled for five minutes. She'll add a few pictures, post it on social media, and voila—a ready-made promo for the show.

Plus the story of a killer who hid out in a brothel is preserved for history. If we had just had a bootlegger somewhere in there, it would have been the PERFECT Jim Koski ™ history story.

8-)

I'll post the video when she gets it done, so you can see exactly what I'm talking about. And since I'm doing “High School Bowl” yet again tomorrow, I'll share the newspaper story I wrote for the show. No hookers or killers in this one.

Just lots & lots of rain.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment