Monday, January 8, 2024

Monday, 1/8

Today's going to be an insane day. And I usually don't get those until the END of January.

Because of the way the holidays are falling today's the only Monday in a span of four I'll be working my radio gig (two Mondays ago was Christmas, last Monday New Year's Day, and next Monday MLK Day). So to “celebrate” I've decided to overbook my schedule and bring out Radio Jim, TV Jim, and History Jim, a combination usually all trotted out together at the end of month when I Have my big Kaufman show with Jack, “High School Bowl”, and radio stuff.

Because, you know, this apparently is quite the special Monday.

What exactly does this all entail? Well, aside from radio and all the attendant stuff with our “Where's the Snow” contest, I'm also giving a talk to one of Marquette's Rotary Clubs, a talk I agreed to a couple of months ago and then, uhm, promptly forgot about. But I'm talking about buildings that have burned in downtown Marquette, so that'; something I can do in my sleep. Then, I wrap up the day with my first “Life in the 906” appearance on TV in three weeks.

That's how a normal person would spend a Monday, right?

Oh, I suppose I should mention that I may be putting the finishing touches on a newspaper article I'm writing for the Kaufman show, too, as that's due Friday. So let me say this again--

That's how a normal person would spend a Monday, right?

No, I don't know how I get myself into these situations, and no, I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. But as I keep joking (at least I think I'm joking) I'd get bored if I was sitting around doing just one job or focusing on just one thing. So three (or four) in one day? Why not.

After all, isn't that what Mondays are for?

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment