Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Tuesday, 9/19

See you in a few days, I guess.

I mentioned yesterday that Loraine's car will get a few more miles added to its odometer this week, and I wasn't kidding. It gets to go all the way to Sawyer tomorrow, where it'll sit in a parking lot for a few days while Loraine and I have a little fun in Chicago. Then it brings us back to Marquette and, in total, gets to add another 30 or so miles to the 10,000 it now has.

Exciting, isn't it?

Thinking about this, I'm pretty sure the trip will be much more exciting for Loraine and me than it will her car. This is our “vacation” for the year (the drive down to Loraine's parents a few weeks ago notwithstanding) so we're hoping to make the most of it. After all, we love the city and the things to do there, so if we haven't been able to go anywhere else this year at least we get to spend a few days in our second favorite place on the planet. And, as a bonus, the weather's actually supposed to be quite nice while we're there.

So maybe it was meant to be.

Needless to say, that means there won't be any more of these mis-typed ramblings for the rest of the week. Assuming there's not some huge failure of the airline system Sunday (which, sadly, always IS a possibility) I'll be back Monday with pictures, stories, and most likely, the need to lose a pound or two. But then that's what vacations are for, right?

8-)

Before I leave, though, I need to wish a happy anniversary to the two people without whom I would not be here. That's right; my parents are celebrating another year of wedded bliss, so if you happen to come across them either today or while I'm gone, wish them a good one.

Happy anniversary, kids!!!

Love,

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment